Policy Development, Guidelines, Standards and Action Plans
NID provides technical and advisory support for policy makers and practitioners to better address differential needs and to mitigate against negative impacts of government policies.
NID has been commissioned to develop Gender and Social Inclusion Policies and Action Plans for institutions and organizations including the Gold Standard, the Green Climate Fund and the World Bank.
- Gold Standard Framework to Quantify and Monitor Gender Impacts (2016) – this framework is applicable to a wide range of activities that reduce GHG emissions
- Fair Trade certification assessment (2017)– NID conducted a Feasibility Study on Organic and Fair Trade Certification for coconut production by the Pomeroon Export Producers Association, Guyana.
- Guidelines for integrating gender into World Bank Group: Agribusiness projects (2018)
Technical Consulting Services
NID provides field partners with substantive gender analysis, project direction, monitoring and evaluation and related field training in:
- Agrarian economies (land use, public commons, renewable energy, food and water security)
- Climate change and sustainable development (climate finance, climate policy, life cycle assessments, climate adaptation and resilience analyses)
- Digital economy and innovation (application of ICT tools for learning and advocacy, e-commerce, e-learning)
- Green economy (sustainable livelihoods, care economics and social security, social equity and empowerment of the poor, environmental and social safeguards, de-growth analyses)
- Natural resource management (extractive economies, informal extraction, benefit sharing models)
- Production economics (global value chain analysis, enterprise development, farming and organic farm-enterprises)
- Violence against women (Internet-based violence against women, police training)
Building Organization Effectiveness
NID supports organizations to adopt cultures of gender equality and social inclusion systematically across the organizational process. NID has been commissioned by organizations of different sizes and complexities to design, facilitate and deliver a range of capacity development tools and exercises. More recent consultancies include:
- Conducting comprehensive gender and social audits of organizations
- Advancing social inclusion and gender equality in institutional governance, protocols and oversight through customized training and guidelines
- Facilitating organizational strategic planning through theory of change, mission and vision review and understanding the macro contexts of national and/or international development
- Facilitating Board of Directors advisory services for local and international civil society organizations
- Conducting training needs assessments, designing customized adult-learning tools, and facilitating participatory learning workshops.
Commissioned Research and Writings
View Published Papers and Archives
NID supports research for presentations at international fora on emerging and leading topics.
- NID was commissioned to gather evidence internationally, conduct gender analysis and policy recommendations to the ITU Broadband Commission on Gender issues. The report was launched at UNGA in New York Feb-Sept. 2015
- Empowerment of Women in a Green Economy in the Context of Sustainable Development and Poverty Eradication (May 2012) The case for community-based, gender-equitable and human rights-based green economic development. Background paper for UN Women in advance of Rio+20.